Monday, May 30, 2011

Why?

"Why?" "Why mom?" My son's new favorite question has led me to be very descriptive and creative with my explanations. When I tell him no more snacks, he asks "why?" and is not satisfied with "you will not have room in your tummy for dinner." So he asks "why won't there be room in my tummy for dinner?" "Because your tummy is small." "Why?" "Because you are small." "Why?" "You are not a grown up yet." "Why?" And on it goes....
I am pretty proud that I have only resorted to "because I said so" or "because I'm the mom" a couple of times. I have tried to encourage (or at least tolerate!) his questioning. As he gets older, he won't have the same sense of curiousity and wonder, and it is neat to watch him learn about the world.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful that he asks so many questions, and that you do your best to answer them. Still, I expect you will soon go insane, just like your parents did! ;)

    ReplyDelete