Sunday, June 7, 2009

Car Shopping

Well, it's official. We have to get a new(to us) car. RJ is out right now doing preliminary car shopping. He is looking for a small SUV 4x4 with decent gas mileage that is only a few years old. I think he was looking at a Jeep today, as well as a Kia Sorento, and perhaps a Huyndai of some kind. This vehicle will be for RJ to drive and he wants to be able to go for drives out in the desert still. We are lucky becuase the mechanic that RJ has been taking his truck to (so often!) told us to give him a call when we found a vehicle we liked and he would take a look at it and help us haggle on the price. He even gave us his home number so we could call this weekend. Now that is some amazing customer service!!

It is a bummer to have to buy a car, although it was good timing for his truck to break since I don't have to be going to work right now. Plus we just finished paying off hospital bills, so that money can now go towards a car payment. Yikes- I've never had a car payment before!! I know, I'm almost 30- I don't know how I've escaped that for this long!

Stirling would like us to get a Corvette, but then again he has a need for speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment