Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mystery Rash...

Last Friday I noticed a rash on Stirling's back. By the next day it had spread to pretty much his entire body. Just tiny red dots all over. On Monday I called the doctor and she said since they weren't itching, it was probably a viral infection which is quite common and nothing to worry about. Still, I worry. Especially since yesterday Stirling had a very red lower back with raised welts on it (where the waistband of the diaper covers). Now it may be unrelated to the other rash, but he has never had a reaction to his diaper like this before, so I don't know what to think. I had to take his diaper off and pin a cloth diaper/burp cloth around him.(I've never done that before- you can tell!)
So today I am having him wear just Pampers instead of the cheaper Wal-mart or Target brands he usually wears, since the Pampers seem to be gentler on his skin. So, still worrying of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment